Sunday, December 16, 2007

Working Out



There are several things I want to work on in my life. One of them is exercise. We have a love-hate relationship. I know it's good for me and that I should do it. I even enjoy it when I actually start and love the feeling of finishing a workout. So why don't I do it? The honest answer is I'm probably lazy. I feel like this is the time of life I need to nail down the discipline. I have no kids, some days I don't have a job (the joys of supply teaching)... time is definitely not an excuse. If I don't get in the habit now, what will I do when I'm actually busy? I'm generally a healthy person and want to stay that way, but I know that as I get older I'm actually going to have to be proactive about it so now's the best time to start.

I joined Good Life for December and January. Teachers get a sweet deal so I thought I'd try it out. Of course I haven't been yet. I also have some workout DVDs I can do at home that I actually really enjoy. They're called Turbo Jam and it's a high energy combination of kick-boxing and dance. I've done it enough that I know the moves and it's a lot of fun (even though I know the picture makes it look a little cheezy). But again, it's been weeks since I've done it.

So, all this to say that this week I'm going to do it. I'm going to exercise. I'm going to commit to working out 3 times and at least one of those will be at the gym. You, my blogging community, can keep me accountable, and in a week I'll let you know how I did. And I hope that putting that out there will help me actually do it. Any tips, advice, stories of success or failure are welcome!

2 comments:

Jamie Sanfilippo said...

So, have you taken advantage of the snow-in to do some Turbo Jam?

If you can get Joel doing it with you, I'll gladly come over with the video camera and get some really good video! :)

Good luck with your resolve! I hope you can stick to it!!!

Julianne said...

Well, I didn't make the resolve until after the snow-in... so no, not yet! Still 0 for 3 but plans are in the works, including a workout today!