Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Grateful

As I look back over the past 37 weeks I am extremely grateful. Especially since I'm high-risk with twins, I've had a relatively easy and uneventful pregnancy....

- My morning sickness didn't start until 9 weeks and was easily tamed by a great drug called Diclectin
- I've had no bleeding or strange cramping
- I've been able to avoid bed rest, something I was definitely expecting by the end
- All of my ultrasounds have shown no complications
- The babies have been head down for weeks and weeks (please don't turn on me now!!)
- It looks like I'll be able to at least attempt a vaginal birth which has been my hope, but certainly not my expectation, since the beginning
- My blood pressure and sugar levels have been fine and my low iron has been taken care of with some pills and lots of steak! (who can complain about that!!)
- I was able to work until the end of 31 weeks
- I continue to have enough energy to walk around, do some things around the house and get out once a day

I know complications are common in pregnancy and I've had many people in my life who have experienced them. Thankfully most have turned out fine and they have eventually carried or are carrying healthy babies. I certainly had the potential for my share of challenges and am extremely thankful for how smoothly my pregnancy has gone. I have loved being pregnant. It is kind of a strange thing growing two little people inside of me, but I have loved feeling their kicks and movements as they've grown. Will I miss it? I don't know. I feel ready to have my body back, but have loved the opportunity to house my two little ones as they've gotten ready for the world.

2 comments:

the smiths said...

Alice and I were just talking today about how well younhave done! Well done! Praise God that you are still healthy and that your babes continue to grow bigger and stronger inside you. Can't wait to write my next blog entry......

Krista said...

Julianne! How exciting it was for me to read your post on my blog. I can't wait to hear now about your little ones. I realize you had posted WAY back when on my blog and it got lost in the shuffle of things. I look forward to "catching up" and reading about what has been happening in your life. I'll be praying for you guys in the midnight hours, knowing you'll be up too.