Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Life is Precious

Normally I'm in bed right now, but tonight I can't sleep. Today a friend lost her 59 year-old mom, completely unexpected. My heart aches for her tonight. My husband lost his mom six years ago very suddenly. When I heard my friend's mom was in the hospital my thoughts went back to that weekend that still seems like a bad dream. I am especially saddened that my boys will never know their Grandma and I think of my friend's young children who have now lost someone so special to them. I'm reminded today that life is precious. There is no guarantee that we'll have tomorrow. We always think it won't happen to us, to the people we love, but then it does and we're hit smack in the face with the fragility of life. I will wake up differently tomorrow, thankful for the gift I've been given.