Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Day of Success

My boys' awesome babysitter offered me a free day to myself which I happily took. Usually on days like this I will sleep in, maybe plan lunch with a friend, buy a few treats and see what else I feel up to. Not today. After feeling like I've been lacking motivation (see yesterday's blog post) I knew what today was going to be about... working hard! Life is largely made up of a bunch of choices. I can either wallow in not feeling great about myself or I can do something to change it. So instead of feeling entitled to a relaxing day to myself (my boys nap 3 hours a day and are in bed at 7pm...I get enough down time), which in other circumstances might have been a good thing, I decided I would take the gift of time given to me and make some choices I'd feel good about. I made a task list in my gmail of 15 things to do. By the end of the night I will have accomplished 12, maybe 13 of them. I honestly can't remember the last time I did that.

Life is not about how much you do but I needed to have a day of working hard and quite literally, getting off my butt. I can talk about wanting to be a certain kind of person but ultimately it's the choices I make that determine whether or not I do. I like this sign I saw to day on Pinterest. Definite truth to that.

Photo via

I'm not going to lie. I am exhausted. The only breaks I took were a couple foot soakings (I have an infected toe...not fun!) But I will go to bed knowing that I made good choices. It really can be that simple. Now the trick is keeping the momentum going, but for now I'll celebrate my day of success. Where's the ice cream? (P.S. I think I might just add blogging to my to-do list so I can check one more thing off ;)


No comments: