Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Recipe or Two

I've been trying to work on my goal of making more wholesome food for my family. I like the idea of eating clean and real food. Thanks to Pinterest I've come across some great recipes that I've put to the test lately so thought I'd share. I'll just link to the original sources so you know where these gems came from.

Chicken Parmesan Bake

I like chicken but I hate cooking it. I love dishes that I can just throw in the oven and be done with it and this one was great. The only part I didn't love were the garlic croutons. I found that layer to be a bit too thick and might just stick with breadcrumbs next time (Arja, I need your version!) but definitely a keeper.


This one was yummy, super healthy and a great way to get vegetables into my boys. Quinoa is all the rage these days as it's like a grain but contains protein. You can't go wrong. I didn't add the olives in this one as I'm not sure how it would have gone over with the boys, but next time I think I will to add some flavour.




This one has been by far my favourite in the last few months because it goes great as a side with pretty much anything. The two of us could easily down a pan of them and all things considered, they are pretty healthy. I'm sure they'll be part of many a BBQ this coming season.



The delicious finished product!

No comments: