Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

I am so thankful and humbled in my role as a mom. It's a little scary having two lives you're responsible for, but it's an adventure and a fun one (mostly!). I have to say I am absolutely loving this stage. The boys will be 2 in a few weeks and they are highly entertaining these days. Watching them makes me wish I was a twin. It's such a fun way to grow up. Lately they've been pulling their high chairs together while eating so they can share food and interact. The other day they were hitting each other over the head in a playful way and then sending each other to the corner and laughing hysterically. Perhaps they were mocking our discipline but Joel and I had to laugh. And the other day when I was changing Micah's diaper he looked up at me and said, "You're SO cute!" He must hear that a lot. Their personalities are shining through and I am trying to take in all the little moments. In some ways there are so different but they are definitely best friends.

Yesterday we did our usual Sunday routine...mommy sleeps in, off to church, and our weekly family trip to No Frills. Being a special day we got some Swiss Chalet take out for lunch and later enjoyed a delicious steak dinner at my parents with my brother and his family. My mother's day gift was perfect.... a week of no meal planning, cooking or shopping, for me to redeem whenever I want. I'm looking forward to it! I also had a lot of friends on my mind yesterday. Friends who have lost their moms in recent and not so recent years. Friends who have lost babies through miscarriage and stillbirths. Friends who are finally expecting after a long time of trying. No doubt yesterday was a day of many emotions. But the overwhelming one for me was gratitude for the privilege it is to be a mom.

**No pictures recently as the boys broke my camera. I know, don't let your toddlers play with your camera. Lesson learned! **

1 comment:

Tish said...

Happy Mother's Day! I got a bit behind in following you, but just caught up. Hope your toe gets better. Enjoy your week with no meal planning hen it happens, and njoy your hour long lunch breaks while you have them!