Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Busy Bags

Last night while camped out in front of the TV with Joel, I was busy cutting up paper and counting out rocks. A month or so ago I was invited to be part of my first Busy Bag swap. What's a Busy Bag? It's a bag that contains a homemade activity that a preschooler can do by themselves to keep them busy. I am not highly creative and don't have a ton of extra time but landed on this simple activity that involes counting with rocks (the internet is full of great ideas). My boys aren't quite at the age where they can do these activities but I plan to start collecting them for the future. Nine of us are participating so I created 9 bags of the same thing and after the swap I'll have 9 different ones for my boys. I'm really excited to see what we get! And for those of you with toddler-aged kids, I plan to host my own sometime in the new year. I love that they are simple, homemade and a creative way to keep kids occupied. Thanks Letitia for inviting me to be part of this! I'll let you all know what fun activities we aquire!

1 comment:

the smiths said...

Sounds interesting indeed.....