Monday, October 3, 2011

Workout Train - Halfway There

I'm one month into my two month goal of 22 workouts and I'm happy to be at 13 at the halfway point. October will be a busier month with a few getaways planned and hopefully working a bit more (already have a job booked for Wednesday!) so I'm glad I'm slightly ahead. Last Friday the boys were at the babysitters and I had no job so decided to try hot yoga for the first time. I bought a voucher off of Dealfind for 20 classes for $20!!! To make it even better, a few friends bought the deal which meant Dealfind paid me. They've sent me cheques for a total of $103 so I actually consider the yoga, a haircut and highlights and 3 hours of housecleaning that I bought, all to be free. Yes, fireworks are going off in my deal-loving brain. Anyways, hot yoga was extremely intense. I walked in thinking, "Weird, it's not very hot in here" only to have sweat dripping out of every pore of my body within minutes. I thought I was going to be sick a few times but perservered and was praised, along with my fellow rookies, by the intructor for not giving up. There is someting I love about a good sweat, knowing my body is getting rid of a bunch of toxins. I will definitely be back for more.

Another goal I have from now until Thanksgiving is to watch less TV. By the time the boys are in bed and the house has been tidied we don't feel like doing much so we often relax on the couch with one of our favourite shows. I'm not against TV and I really enjoy the few shows we follow, but this week I want to be intentional about finding other things to do... having deeper conversations, enjoying a glass of wine, reading a book, calling a friend, going to a hot yoga class perhaps! So we're not going to watch any TV in the evenings this week. It occassionally goes on during the day while I fold laundry or the boys eat. Today I was watching part of the leaders debate I had recorded and still have no idea who I'm going to vote for on Thursday. I'm all for relaxing and having some downtime each day and looking forward to finding other ways besides the TV to enjoy it. At the end of my life I'm not going to wish I watched more TV, but there are plenty of others things I will have wanted to invest my time in. Time to change some habits!

1 comment:

Tish said...

Good for you! Inspirational on all fronts. I love yoga, but just can't get my head around hot yoga. I admit it. I just really hate sweating! LoL I love your tv fast. I hope it is revolutionary for you both. Have fun together!