Friday, May 14, 2010

We've waited this long

As I get closer to the birth of my babies I am more and more anxious to find out if we are having boys, girls or both. I'm glad we've waited. I've always wanted to have that moment at birth and with 3 possible combinations I think it'll be even more exciting. We have some hand-me-down preemie clothes from friends who recently had boy/girl twins. It's fun going through it and wondering what we'll be able to use... not that you can't dress a boy in pink! Joel and I wanted to buy them their outfits to come home from the hospital with, so we bought 2 girl and 2 boy outfits just in case. They have enough white, green and yellow clothes I thought it'd be nice to at least have something more specific for their big day.

I'm guessing life with two boys would be pretty different than two girls and one of each would be an interesting mix. Whatever they are, I know it was decided a long time ago and I'll be thrilled the moment I find out. I'm excited!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So great to see you back to blogging... I'm reading! :)

Arja

the smiths said...

So excited for you guys! Proud of you for being able to wait - we weren't able to!! Found out about Ro at my 19 week ultrasound. :)

the smiths said...

Excited for you! We couldn't wait - we found out that Ro was a girl at my 19 week ultrasound. For us, we figured everything about Ro was going to be a surprise, so knowing the gender wouldn't ruin it for us. Proud of you for waiting!!!