Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Hunger and a Twin Mom Success

Last night as I was lethargically lying around, I was complaining to Joel of hunger and the fact that we still have three weeks to go. I wasn't in my highest energetic state yesterday and by evening I had crashed, just wanting to eat some ice cream and watch my show. The headaches don't help either. The meals have been fine but it's snacking that has been my issue. I need to snack. As a teacher I eat every recess and don't know how people get through the day without it. My body likes to have food every few hours. But I'm a little tired of fruit and nuts. And who's kidding who, a bunch of vegetables just aren't going to cut it. I need something more substantial and all I could think about was muffins. But I didn't have any I liked already made and definitely wasn't up for baking. My favourite Quaker oatmeal muffin mix with chocolate chips isn't within the rules this month. So, if you have any great, healthy (and not wimpy!) snacking ideas, please let me know!

In other news I'm a bit excited over what may seem like a small win to some, but a big one for me. Three times in a row I have successfully brought my boys in and out of the gym without a stroller. This includes walking through a decent sized parking lot, through the main floor, up and elevator and into the childcare centre...and back. I tried the no-stroller approach a few months ago at the senior's home and it was an epic fail. I had two boys running in different directions, putting themselves in danger and having to choose which one to go after first. For the record I can't remember who that was, but likely the one who is a bit more of a monkey (those of you who know my boys can guess who that is). I put that idea on hold for several months and finally got up the courage again last week. After lots of talk about parking lots, holding hands and staying with mommy I think it might have clicked. Not to say it'll always go perfectly but I'm no longer nervous about it. And in my little world of mommyhood, that is a BIG deal! :)


2 comments:

Walker said...

Good snacks - celery and peanut butter (no sugar added, blue Kraft container), sliced apple with cheese or peanut butter, rice cakes ( I like tomatoe and basil flavor), yogurt with a little cereal (vector is my fav) and fruit, frozen blueberries, veg and hummus.

the smiths said...

Green smoothie - good energy boost!!!!!