What you need:
- A zucchini or two
- Panko bread crumbs (regular would work too, I think)
- Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt
- Olive oil
What you do:
- Cut zucchini into 1/4 inch circles and toss with olive oil.
- Combine bread crumbs, salt and pepper. I also added garlic powder to add to the flavour. You can experiment with spices.
- Put the breadcrumb mixture on a plate and dip the coat both sides of the zucchini with it.
- Put zucchini on a foil-lined, sprayed cooking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for around 25 minutes, possibly longer if you want them crisper (check them at 20 to be safe). I would probably even broil them for a minute or two at the end. They don't need to be flipped.
- I am still not a big fan of zucchini but if I was ever going to eat it, this is the way. Cheese and a golden crust with help me eat almost anything. For my zucchini loving friends I'm pretty sure you'll love this. It's a fun way to mix up a side dish or even a healthier appetizer.