Saturday, October 13, 2012

Jewellery Organizer

I've been trying to figure out a good way to organize my jewellery for awhile. For years it's been in the bottom drawer of a plastic organizer, often getting tangled up. Since joining Pinterest I've seen some really good ideas that I've wanted to make.

The plan was to buy some hooks to hang the necklaces. And for hanging earrings I loved the idea of using screen or chicken wire behind an empty frame (inspiration found here). I bought wooden pegs and found some screen. I just needed the frame and I was good to go.

But then on a trip to Home Sense on the hunt for a mirror, I came across this piece of awesomeness. I'm not actually sure of what it's original intent was but I knew it would be perfect. And as a bonus it came in the same colour I've used as an accent in our bathroom.

We finally hung it up today and I'm thrilled with how it looks. Let's be honest. I'm not crafty and whatever version I came up with, although fine, wouldn't have been as nice as this one. And the price was right. Just one more step towards making our home more functional. I love it!


No comments: